On taking backup
When taking backup of your CRM system, to avoid any later problems consider the following:
- Take a complete backup of the xxxx_MSCRM database.
- Take a complete backup of the xxxx_METABASE.
- And just to be sure, export all customizations to an xml-file.
- Make a backup of the Microsoft CRM\Server\bin\assembly (normally found in Program Files)
- Make a backup of all custom aspx and html pages and code from the external website.
If you have any customizations what so ever, make sure you take a backup of the METABASE att same time as the MSCRM-database. If you do not, you might encounter inconsistencies at a later date which might be hard to fix. I'm planning on writing about what you do if this happens anyway.
If you have made any changes to the reports you should also backup the main SQL Reporting Services database, but hopefully have the rdl:s somewhere else aswell.
CRM and SharePoint Consultant